News & Updates
The latest news and events at your Credit Union
2017 Calendar of Events & Holiday Closures
- Closed: New Years Day - Observed Monday, January 2, 2017
- Jan. 18, 2017 - EVENT: Open House @ Mortgage Origination Office, Long Beach, WA
- Closed: Martin Luther King Day – Monday, Jan. 16
- VOTING BEGINS for your Board Of Directors, Jan. 26 - Feb. 26, 2017 (Voting is now Closed)
- Closed: President's Day – Monday, Feb. 20
- Happy Birthday! Wauna Credit Union turns 50!!! Thursday, March 16
- Annual Meeting - Saturday, March 4, 2pm @Clatskanie Cultural Center
- Closed: Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Closed: Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Closed: Labor Day – Monday, Sept. 4
- Closed: Columbus Day – Monday, Oct. 9
- Closed: Veteran's Day – Saturday, Nov. 11 (Observed Friday, November 10)
- Closed: Thanksgiving – Thursday, Nov. 23
- Closed: Christmas Day – Monday, Dec. 25
- May Statement Insert Now Available
- Wauna Credit Union Announces Youth Week
- Wauna Credit Union, Buoy Beer and SOLVE partner for Earth Day Astoria Riverwalk Clean-Up
- April Statement Insert Now Available
- Results of board of directors elections
- Scholarship Application now open
- March Statement Insert Now Available
- February Statement Insert Now Available
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held at Mortgage Origination Office
- Voting Begins for our volunteer Board of Directors
- January Statement Insert now available
- November Statement Insert now available
- BillPay is now Single Sign On
In The News
- Wauna Credit Union launches 'Give a Hoot About Saving' event (The Clatskanie Chief)
In an effort to help kids develop good saving habits, Wauna Credit Union (WCU) is joining thousands of Credit Unions across the country to celebrate National Credit Union Youth Month. WCU will host a savings challenge to celebrate National Credit Union Youth Month by launching Youth Week, April 24 to 29, 2017. Young people will be encouraged to save for something they care about and offered prizes for participating.
Wauna FCU sees member growth (St. Helens Chronicle)
Clatskanie based Wauna Credit Union announced it’s membership grew by 7.52 percent over the past year. It now claims 23,168 members in Columbia, Clatsop and western Washington counties.
- Business news briefs for March 2017 (Coast Business Journal)
Each year Wauna Credit Union awards higher education scholarships to student members. “The annual scholarships are one of many ways that WCU gives back to the communities that it serves,” WCU noted in a press release.
- Wauna Credit Union offers scholarships (The Daily Astorian)
Every year, Wauna Credit Union (WCU) awards higher education scholarships to student members. Recipients must have graduated from high school within the last five years, and be a member in good standing of WCU. Former winners are eligible to re-apply.
The WCU Scholarship Committee determines the number and amount of scholarships to be awarded, depending on the number of applicants. The scholarship may be used for tuition, room, board, books and fees. Applications are being accepted through April 15; scholarship winners will be notified in June.
- News briefs (Pamplin Media Group)
Applications for Wauna Credit Union scholarships are now being accepted. The deadline for submission is April 15. The application form is available via a link on the WCU website, at any WCU branch, and at local high schools. Applications may be returned to any branch or mailed to: Wauna Credit Union Scholarships, c/o Jenifer Katon, P.O. Box 67, Clatskanie, OR, 97106. Scholarship winners will be notified in June.
- Wauna Credit Union dedicates new Long Beach office (Chinook Observer)
In January Wauna Credit UNion dedicated its new lending office at the corner of Pacific Avenue and Sid Snyder Drive in downtown Long Beach and opened an ATM. Attending the ribbon-cutting ceremony, from left: Debi Smiley, WCU chief marketing officer; Monica Lauber, WCU Mortgage Department vice president; Steven Linhart, Long Beach city councilor and mayer pro-tem; Jeff Parker, WCU real estate relationship officer; Robert Blumberg, WCU CEO and president; Natalie Hanson, Long Beach city councilor, McKenzie Wilson, WCU real estate loan officer; and Paige Tischer, WCU real estate loan officer.