Need Money for Higher Education? Wauna CU can help!
We understand how important higher education is for success in today’s world, and we want to help! Each year, Wauna Credit Union welcomes all of our upcoming or recent high school graduates to apply for a student scholarship.
Help For Higher Education
We annually award scholarships to as many student members as we can, and we spread the scholarships all over our service area. We also welcome past winners to apply for continued support.
The scholarship is open to graduating seniors, or recent high school graduates (within five years) of any high school and a member of WCU.
The scholarship application deadline for 2021 has passed. We will announce the recipients later this year.
Application Requirements: Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing with WCU.
- The WCU application form attached shall be used. Others will not be accepted
- A copy of your FAFSA report showing your EFC (expected family contribution).
- An official transcript from your high school and/or college must be provided.
- Page outlining school and community activities must be completed.
- A separate page outlining your future goals and objectives.
- Two letters of reference; one letter from a teacher and one from a personal reference.
- You must agree to complete a follow up survey regarding your progress if you receive a scholarship. It will be sent to you via email.
- You must complete the quiz on the following page.
- You must complete one essay. The essay will be a minimum of 200 words and a maximum of 400 words.
- Essay: Choose one of the following topics:
- Why does education matter to your community?
- Explain the importance of your major in today’s society.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
- Identify a world issue that has the biggest impact on your generation and how it relates to your educational pursuit.
- Describe something that would change the world and how you would put it into action.
- Why are volunteers important?