News & Updates
The latest news and events at your Credit Union
2017 Calendar of Events & Holiday Closures
- Closed: New Years Day - Observed Monday, January 2, 2017
- Jan. 18, 2017 - Event: Open House @ Mortgage Origination Office, Long Beach, WA
- Closed: Martin Luther King Day – Monday, Jan. 16
- Voting Begins for your Board Of Directors, Jan. 26 - Feb. 26, 2017 (Voting is now closed)
- Closed: President's Day – Monday, Feb. 20
- Wauna Credit Union turns 50 – Thursday, March 16
- Annual Meeting - Saturday, March 4, 2pm @Clatskanie Cultural Center
- Closed: Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Closed: Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Closed: Labor Day – Monday, Sept. 4
- Nominations Open for Board of Directors. Oct. 1 (Nominations are now closed)
- Closed: Columbus Day – Monday, Oct. 9
- International Credit Union Day – Thursday, Oct. 19
- Closed: Veteran's Day – Saturday, Nov. 11 (Observed Friday, November 10)
- Closed: Thanksgiving – Thursday, Nov. 23
- Closed: Christmas Day – Monday, Dec. 25
- Closed: New Years Day - Monday, January 1, 2018
- Wauna Announces Power of Giving Campaign
- Holiday Charity Drive to Benefit Backpack Programs
- December Statement Insert Now Available
- November Statement Insert Now Available
- A Letter From CEO Robert Blumberg on Data Security
- October Statement Insert Now Available
- September Statement Insert Now Available
- Wauna Credit Union Adopt a Teacher Program Gives $500 to area educators
- August Statement Insert Now Available
- Contribute to the Backpack Program and be Entered to Win Seahawks Tickets
- July Statement Insert Now Available
- Wauna Credit Union Announces 2017 Scholarship Recipients
- June Statement Insert Now Available
- May Statement Insert Now Available
- Wauna Credit Union Announces Youth Week
- Wauna Credit Union, Buoy Beer and SOLVE partner for Earth Day Astoria Riverwalk Clean-Up
- April Statement Insert Now Available
- Results of board of directors elections
- Scholarship Application now open
- March Statement Insert Now Available
- February Statement Insert Now Available
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held at Mortgage Origination Office
- Voting Begins for our volunteer Board of Directors
- January Statement Insert now available
- November Statement Insert now available
- BillPay is now Single Sign On
In The News
- Tri-City Insurance becomes part of Wauna Credit Union (The Chronicle)
Wauna Credit Union recently acquired the agency in a merger deal, which came right before the retirement of longtime owner and founder Glenda Worthington. The insurance company is now owned and operated under Wauna Services, LLC. Aside from non-members who want insurance services, Smiley said that the acquisition will also help give credit union members more options for insurance services. She added that in terms of auto loans and home ownership options, the services go “hand-in-hand.”
- Wauna Credit Union announces Adopt-A-Teacher contest (The Chronicle)
As the school year begins, Wauna Credit Union proudly supports the teachers in the communities it represents. To help area teachers, who often have to dig into their own pockets to provide supplies for the classroom, the credit union is hosting an “Adopt-A-Teacher” contest during the month of September, awarding $500 to the winning educator.
- ‘Adopt-A-Teacher’ contest will net winner $500 (The Daily Astorian)
To help area teachers, who often have to dig into their own pockets to provide supplies for the classroom, Wauna Credit Union is hosting an “Adopt-A-Teacher” contest in September, and awarding $500 to the winning educator. Community members are encouraged to post a video on WCU’s Facebook page explaining why their favorite teacher deserves to win. The entry with the most votes as measured by Facebook “reactions” wins the grand prize.
- Credit union breaks ground on long-vacant FG lot (Forest Grove NewsTime)
Forest Grove city leaders and Wauna Federal Credit Union representatives held a groundbreaking ceremony at the lot Thursday, Sept. 21. "To have one of the blank spots in our community filled with a building a year from now — that'll be tremendously beneficial to Forest Grove," said Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce Director Howard Sullivan. "Forest Grove will have a different look and feel now as people come into town."
Letters: Summer social & auction successful (The Chronicle)
(The Black Tie & Blue Jeans Summer Social & Auction) sponsors cover the costs of the event, making it possible for the contributions made by attendees to directly fund the scholarship program. This year we were honored to receive Gold Sponsorships from Global Partners and Hudson Garbage Service, and Silver Sponsorships from CalPortland, Columbia River PUD, Dillard’s Moorage, Dyno Nobel, Kivel & Howard, Pacific Stainless, PGE, Portland & Western, and Wauna Credit Union.
- Backpack meal program in urgent need of funds (Chinook Observer)
Wauna Credit Union recognized the need the Backpack Program filled in the community and wanted to help. The credit union, with branches in Long Beach, Astoria, Warrenton, Clatskanie, Vernonia, St. Helens and Scappoose made the Backpack Program of Pacific County its official charity for the year and throughout the year fundraises for the organization in many different ways.
- Battle tested, career ready (The Daily Astorian)
From 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, 16 local businesses and labor groups — including Fred Meyer, Lektro, Providence Seaside Hospital, Tongue Point Job Corps Center, WorkSource Oregon and Wauna Federal Credit Union — gathered in the Fort George Brewery’s Lovell Showroom to connect with veterans looking for jobs.
- Help United Way "Stuff the Bus" (The Chronicle)
Join United Way and its community partners to help provide school supplies so children can begin school ready to learn and not worried about having the necessary supplies. All donations stay within the community where they are made. Look for the “Official Drop Site” (Including All Wauna Credit Union Branches) sign at businesses in Columbia County.
Wauna FCU announces scholarship recipients (The Chronicle)
Continuing a decades-long tradition, Wauna Credit Union provided $7,500 in scholarships to ten students in Columbia and Clatsop counties.
- News and Notes: Here’s What’s Happening in Northwest Credit Unions (Anthem)
This month, Wauna Credit Union continued its decades-long tradition of presenting scholarships to deserving members who are continuing their education. This year, Wauna distributed ($7,500) in scholarships to ten students for their commitment to their studies and to their communities. The winners represent high schools from Astoria, Clatskanie, Knappa, Rainier, Scappoose, St. Helens, and Vernonia.
- Wauna Credit Union launches 'Give a Hoot About Saving' event (The Clatskanie Chief)
In an effort to help kids develop good saving habits, Wauna Credit Union (WCU) is joining thousands of Credit Unions across the country to celebrate National Credit Union Youth Month. WCU will host a savings challenge to celebrate National Credit Union Youth Month by launching Youth Week, April 24 to 29, 2017. Young people will be encouraged to save for something they care about and offered prizes for participating.
- Wauna FCU sees member growth (St. Helens Chronicle)
Clatskanie based Wauna Credit Union announced it’s membership grew by 7.52 percent over the past year. It now claims 23,168 members in Columbia, Clatsop and western Washington counties.
- Business news briefs for March 2017 (Coast Business Journal)
Each year Wauna Credit Union awards higher education scholarships to student members. “The annual scholarships are one of many ways that WCU gives back to the communities that it serves,” WCU noted in a press release.
- Wauna Credit Union offers scholarships (The Daily Astorian)
Every year, Wauna Credit Union (WCU) awards higher education scholarships to student members. Recipients must have graduated from high school within the last five years, and be a member in good standing of WCU. Former winners are eligible to re-apply.
The WCU Scholarship Committee determines the number and amount of scholarships to be awarded, depending on the number of applicants. The scholarship may be used for tuition, room, board, books and fees. Applications are being accepted through April 15; scholarship winners will be notified in June.
- News briefs (Pamplin Media Group)
Applications for Wauna Credit Union scholarships are now being accepted. The deadline for submission is April 15. The application form is available via a link on the WCU website, at any WCU branch, and at local high schools. Applications may be returned to any branch or mailed to: Wauna Credit Union Scholarships, c/o Jenifer Katon, P.O. Box 67, Clatskanie, OR, 97106. Scholarship winners will be notified in June.
- Wauna Credit Union dedicates new Long Beach office (Chinook Observer)
In January Wauna Credit UNion dedicated its new lending office at the corner of Pacific Avenue and Sid Snyder Drive in downtown Long Beach and opened an ATM. Attending the ribbon-cutting ceremony, from left: Debi Smiley, WCU chief marketing officer; Monica Lauber, WCU Mortgage Department vice president; Steven Linhart, Long Beach city councilor and mayer pro-tem; Jeff Parker, WCU real estate relationship officer; Robert Blumberg, WCU CEO and president; Natalie Hanson, Long Beach city councilor, McKenzie Wilson, WCU real estate loan officer; and Paige Tischer, WCU real estate loan officer.