Better Security, Better Service!
Since the recent update of our Online Banking system (on July 19th) there are several changes members should be aware of.
Update Online Banking Bookmarks & Favorites
Some users may need to empty their browser cache or cookies to reach our online banking. For help, please follow these instructions for your preferred browser: How To Clear-Browser-Cache-Cookies-and-History.pdf
Higher Password Security Requirement
We will soon be requiring our members to create more secure passwords for better protection. This is a proactive measure, and it comes on the heels of our security upgrade.
During the next 12 months, all Online Banking users will be required to change their password, and we have stricter new requirements for passwords. Sincere there are only so many numbers and letters it is vital to create more complex passwords.
- Mobile App Users: Passwords cannot be changed in the Mobile App. You will need to change their password in Online Banking; this can be done using your mobile browser and logging into Online Banking at waunafcu.org.
- We recommend you proactively change your password to the stronger requirements at your earliest convenience.
- If your password is not changed at this time to meet the stronger requirements, you will be prompted to change your password at some point between July 19, 2016 and July, 19, 2017.
- Also, please ensure we have a valid email address for you. There are instructions below to assist you with adding, updating, and validating your email address. A validated email address is required so you can use the “I forgot my Password” link.
- Download Instructions For Password Changing.
7-5-16 UPDATE: Our Credit Card upgrade is complete. All Credit Card users should have their new EMV-chip VISA credit card in use.
**Please Note: We are experiencing a few issues in regard to error messages when making Credit Card payments in online banking. Please disregard the error, we are receiving your payment. We are working to resolve this problem, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
EZ Card Users: EZ Card has been discontinued, Credit Card transactions are now in Online Banking. If you have not set up online banking please stop in any Wauna CU branch or call our Communications Center at 800-773-3236.
To access your Credit Card statement online, simply log into online banking and click the grey credit card icon in the loans section next to the number. **Please make sure pop-ups are enabled for our site to display credit card transactions.
Here’s what our VISA Credit Card users need to know:
- May 20, 2016 – Notifications Begin to inform Credit Card users of the card changeover.
- May 20, 2016 – EZ Card users will receive this E-Z Card Discontinuation Letter via mail or email about the brief interruption in service from June 24-27th.
- Credit Card Users will also have the opportunity to migrate their automatic payments, hassle free, using this Wauna CU VISA Set-up form.
- June 14 – 20, 2016 – New cards will begin arriving to cardholders. (There will be some changes to your card, please read below to learn more*).
- June 24, 2016 – EZ Card online services will no longer be accessible to users. (IMPORTANT: Be sure to save/download any account history from EZ Card that you may need for your records BEFORE this date. It will be gone after June 24th).
- June 24 – 27 – EZ Card will be unavailable, and Credit Card transactions will not yet be available in Online Banking.
- June 27, 2016 – VISA cardholders may activate their new cards, and access Wauna CU’s Online Banking to see their Credit Card Activity.
- Do NOT attempt to use your new card (Or destroy the old one) until June 27th. The new cards will not work until then.
- You may activate the new Credit Card on June 27th.
- Use your current Credit Card throughout the day on June 26th, later in the evening it will no longer work and may then be destroyed.
- We are taking every precaution to ensure the change from your current Credit Card to the new EMV Chip Card is seamless. If issues do arise, please contact us for assistance at 800-773-3236 and follow the prompts for VISA Credit Card support.
- Card holders are welcome to stop in their local branch, call 800-773-3236, email us, or chat live on our website, if you have questions or issues with your Credit Card.
* Important Changes & Improvements:
- Your new VISA Credit Card will have a different card number than your current card.
- If you have a joint account, you will notice the cards now have different numbers. This is an advantage in case one card is compromised, the other cardholder’s card will not be.
- Instead of accessing EZ Card, now your Credit Card transactions will be available in our Wauna CU online banking.
- Rewards Card Members will NOT lose accrued points, and you’ll still be able to redeem them through Scorecard just as before.
- If you have automatic payments set up to or from your VISA Credit Card they will need to be redone. Use this fillable form and we will migrate those payments over for you, or you will be required to do it yourself when you switch to the new EMV Chip Card.
- New Phone Numbers! If your Credit Card is lost, stolen or compromised, the numbers to call have changed:
- Activate new EMV-Chip Credit Card: 844-267-2739
- Customer Service Number: 844-267-2739
- Start a Disputes: 844-202-5067 / Existing Disputes: 844-202-5070
- Lost/Stolen Credit Card: 955-202-5056
- International Number: 540-707-4039
- General Correspondence Address: PO BOX 182477 Columbus, OH 43272-4935
Sure, that sounds like a lot, but we feel certain with the added protection and improvements, our members will be thrilled with our new VISA Platinum and Rewards Credit Cards upgrades!
(This notice was sent via email to all Debit & ATM Card users)
Wauna Credit Union has scheduled an important upgrade to the system that supports our Debit & ATM Card program.
Debit card users may experience a brief disruption of service Monday, April 18th, between Midnight and 6:00 a.m. (Pacific time).
Once completed, this system upgrade will enable Wauna Credit Union to provide its Debit card users with greater security when making transactions (using new EMV chip-secured Debit cards). Learn more about EMV chip-secured card technology at our website: https://waunafcu.org/accounts/emv-cards.shtml.
If you experience any problems with your Debit or ATM Card during the upgrade period or afterwards, please call 800-773-3236 and select the appropriate prompts to be connected with our 24/7 Debit Card Support service.
ATTN: CardNav app users: If you use our CardNav app to protect your Debit card, this service will be discontinued at Midnight, Sunday, April 17th. The exact same service under the name CardValet will take its place.
Please visit our website to learn about the download and required set-up procedures so CardValet can provide you with the same level of personally controlled security for your Debit Card.
Watch the CardValet video
Wauna Credit Union