Wauna Credit Union’s Mission is to provide opportunities for our members to build their financial well-being. One of the most important places we demonstrate this core belief is through financial education and helping our members either improving, or starting, their financial setting. Nowhere is this more evident than our commitment to providing our youngest members with the financial start to lead them to a positive lifetime relationship with money. One of the ways we’re doing this is partnering with thousands of credit unions across the country for Credit Union Youth Week, April 24-29.
This week in order to encourage parents to begin their child’s savings, and start that financial conversation with their family we’re doing a few extra things to help our members out.
- During Credit Union Youth Week, we will match all new member $5 deposits when they open a Jump Start Club savings account for youth from age 0 to 17
- All new and existing members who make a minimum $5 deposit into their account during the week will be entered to win a $250 prize. Also, each branch will award an additional $50 prize.
- In addition to matching the first $5 deposited, Wauna Credit Union will donate $1 for every new account opened during Credit Union Youth Week to the local Backpack Program that helps feed hungry children
- We are also launching two new additions to our Balance education program aimed for children to give them a fun way to learn about money
- The M3 Money Club for kids. An immersive kid-friendly adventure featuring superheroes, fun and valuable money lessons
- The Elements of Money for teenagers. A financial education, site that gives teens more than 100 podcast episodes, educational articles, eLearning modules and videos
Every person is unique, but most people who save regularly developed the habit early on in life. Learning to understand money and save for long-term goals is a crucial life skill, and one Wauna Credit Union is committed to helping our youngest members achieve. Credit Union Youth Week is just one way we do that.