2019 Bootiful Pet Costume Contest
Terms and Conditions
Official Rules and Conditions: Cascade Crest and Wauna Credit Union 2019 Bootiful Pet Costume Contest
- ELIGIBILITY: Bootiful Pet Costume Contest (hereinafter referred to as “The Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States, who reside in Wauna Credit Union’s service area of Clatsop County, Oregon; Columbia County, Oregon; Western Washington County, Oregon; and Pacific County, Washington who are 18-years of age or older at time of submission. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of, Wauna Credit Union or Cascade Crest Insurance, (hereinafter referred to as “Sponsors”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate. Void where prohibited.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest period begins on or around October 16, 2019 at or around 8:00:00 AM PST, and ends on or around October 31, 2019 at or around 6:00:00 PM PST ("Contest Period"). Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. The server hosting the Contest application is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER:
Facebook: Submit a picture on the Wauna Credit Union Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WaunaCreditUnion/) official entry post titled Bootiful Pet Costume Contest.
Picture Requirements: One picture entry per person per entry week (Monday, 3:00pm to Monday, 09:59am). Entries must be received no later than official Contest Period.
By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any picture you submit. Submission of a picture grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish and use without limitation, and without consideration to the consumer. However, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to use submitted picture.
By submitting a picture, you agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of relating to any breach by you of these
Official Rules. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. One entry per person per contest week. Use of any automated program or device to enter will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
- Picture CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity, or any materially dangerous activity;
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Unless otherwise permitted herein, Picture cannot, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, contain content that infringes on any trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind without permission.
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot contain materials that infringe the copyrights of others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot contain materials which violate the right of publicity of any other person (including materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead) without permission;
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Picture, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting a picture you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (c) that you have obtain permission from any person who's name, or likeness is used in the picture (if any) and (d) that publication of the picture via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on any third party rights. By submitting a picture, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator from any claims to the contrary.
Picture posted to the website (Facebook) were not edited by sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual submitter and do not reflect the views of sponsor in any manner. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to submitter. By submitting a picture, you agree that your picture is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Photo on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your picture, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- JUDGING/WINNER SELECTION: Potential winner will be determined by voting as defined by reactions (likes) under contest submission picture posts only.
Comments, reactions to comments, and other votes are not counted.
Multiple submissions for the same pet will be counted as separate entries, and votes will not be aggregated.
Winner will be decided on or about November 1, 2019, 11:59 am by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- PRIZES: Selected winner will receive a $50 gift card. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. The entries with the second (2nd) and third (3rd) most votes will receive a $25 gift card. In the event of a tie, the recipients will be determined by and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
No assignment, transfer or substitution of the prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with one of equal or greater value should a prize become unavailable. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the prize. Unclaimed prizes will be not be awarded.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: The potential winner will be notified by Facebook comment on or about November 11, 2019, 10:00pm. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper execution of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes from among eligible entries received prior to cancellation, in accordance with the selection processes described above. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official
Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- RELEASES: By acceptance of prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Contest Administrator, and their respective affiliated dealers, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any part of the prize, including any travel related thereto. By acceptance of a prize, winners grant Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, their name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional notification, authorization, compensation or approval.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any email, technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is also not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
- ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Oregon, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the state of Oregon, in the County of Columbia. In the event any portion of these Official Rules is declared invalid and therefore void, the remaining portions of these Official Rules shall remain in full effect and construed as if the invalid portion had not been contained in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by October 31, 2019 to Wauna Credit Union, attn: Bootiful Pet Costume Contest, PO Box 67 Clatskanie, Oregon, 97016
- SPONSOR: Contest Administrator: Wauna Credit Union PO Box 67 Clatskanie, Oregon, 97016